- Most of us are familiar with the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit and TikTok.
- But while these and other social media platforms are both numerous and diverse, they are all dependent on a trusted, centralized entity.
- How would you reimagine a social media platform in the context of a DAO?
- Pitch us with a concept that reinvents any social media platform as a DAO.
- For example, what would Facebook, Twitter or Reddit look like as a DAO?
- Think beyond the likes of Phaver, Lenster, Peepeth and other existing Web3 social media apps.
- Pick one Web2 social media platform and develop your DAO idea in the form of a pitch deck, lightpaper (text document) or infographic.
1. The Vision and Value Proposition
- A very brief overview of your business and the value that you provide to the market.
- Keep it short and simple. A few sentences max.
2. The problem you’re solving
- What is broken about the current Web2 equivalent?
- Why is this an important problem to solve?
3. Target market and opportunity
- What is the total market size and how do you position your solution in the market?
- Tell the story about the scope and scale of the problem you are solving.
4. Your DAO solution
- Describe your social media platform in the context of a DAO.
- How does it work?
- How does the business model differ from the traditional social media platform?
- How is ownership or membership defined in the context of content creators and consumers?
- What roles do the DAO’s native token or NFT's play?
- What are the benefits of operating as a DAO?
- Include any other details which make your solution unique and innovative.
- This is not a proper pitch to raise venture capital, so don’t include a roadmap, marketing strategy, team or any financials.
- Don’t get technical, even a 10 year old should be able to understand it.
- Blow us away with your creativity, communication and simplicity.
Winner 1 = 2,500 CLNY
Winner 2 = 2,000 CLNY
Winner 3 = 1,500 CLNY
Winner 4 = 1,000 CLNY
Winner 5 = 500 CLNY
- Only one entry per person per challenge, so make it a good one!
- The Colony team will choose up to 5 exceptional submissions only.
Your submission can be in the form of a short pitch deck, one-page document or an infographic.
Step 1 - Post your submission on Twitter, tag @joincolony and include the hashtag #powertobuild in your tweet.
Step 2 - Before 12pm UTC on 30th July, post a link to your Twitter post in the relevant Discord thread in the #🚀colony-missions channel.
Do not post your submission directly in the Discord thread, only post your tweet link.
30th July 2022 @ 12:00pm UTC